Theme support Policy
Hey There! Please Read The Following:
These Tickets are not for Customisation requests (theme modification, behaviour changes, moving elements, 3rd party plugin integration etc.) Any ticket relating to customisation will be politely forwarded to -- http://www.tommusrhodus.com/contact/ -- and then your ticket will be closed.
"style.css is missing" scroll to the bottom of this message for the answer.
I run support Weekdays 9am - 5pm GMT. You can expect a response within 12 - 48 hours, Monday to Friday unless there is a national holiday. Here is a list of UK national holidays: https://www.gov.uk/bank-holidays. Note that "bumps" to tickets put you to the back of my queue, be patient, every ticket is answered promptly.
What these tickets are for:
Help using theme features, bug reports & reasonable feature requests for future updates. Need to update your theme? See here: http://www.tommusrhodus.com/updating-wordpress-them...
What these tickets aren't for:
Any issues relating to 3rd party plugins not recommended by the theme, theme customisations, or theme changes your client requires.
What counts as customisation?
If you want to change the appearance or functionality of the theme by editing or extending the theme's code, then that is customisation, and will not be supported through these tickets. Likewise if your client has a function request that does not exist in the theme, these tickets are not the place to have the theme extended for this.
Do you need customisation work?
If that's exactly what you're here for, you can fill out a custom work form here; http://www.tommusrhodus.com/contact/
Things to check when leaving a ticket:
- You must leave a link to your site, if not we will ask you to do this anyway and it will result in a delay to your ticket.
- Please be descriptive when leaving a ticket, use screenshots if possible, "doesn't work" is not an acceptable descriptive term and you will be asked to explain further.
- Disable all non-theme-recommended plugins, undo any code changes, and ensure you're using a default, unmodified version of the theme files. You'll find a lot of the time this fixes your issue.
- Tickets without a validated purchase will not be answered. Properly validate your purchase.
- If you have a modified theme, or are using a child theme for modification, we cannot help with bugs. Please present bugs to us within the default, unmodified theme, and we will help every time!
- Please note Envato's Licensing covers 1 URL per 1 purchase of a theme: http://themeforest.net/licenses/regular - ticket profiles covering multiple URLs with 1 license code, will be stopped until the remaining licenses are provided.
Cheers & Thanks again for your purchase!
A quick point on theme support: All of my themes are tested and thoroughly scrutinised by themeforest support staff and are confirmed 100% working, if you're having any issues you should be 99.9% sure it's a user error, or a bug I will be happy to fix with you. With this in mind, please keep your tone calm & professional, you will always get the same from me. Any tickets left with vulgar language, or with threatening, unprofessional language will be promptly closed and/or deleted. All tickets left with a calm, professional tone will receive awesome support, as always.
"style.css is missing", no it isn't, one of two things has happened and I can help you with both:
- You've bought a HTML template. Was your purchase under $17? Then you've not bought a WordPress theme, you've bought a HTML template, contact Envato support, they can help: http://support.envato.com
- You've uploaded the main theme .zip, instead, unzip this, inside you'll find documentation and another .zip called themenameWPTheme.zip <= this is what you should be installing.